Wednesday, January 7, 2009

pma 400


Archos came out with this device in 2000, I had been mainly useing it as my mp3/video player and to play a bunch of games.

but just recently i found a package which caught my intrestet
NMAP

since the pma 400 is a personal media assistant witch Based on the Linux Qtopia Embedded operating system

the contectivy for this device is
USB 2.0, 802.11b Wi-Fi, USB Host, IrDA

I updated mine with OpenPMA

so I now have this new functions

--Audio support from openPMA: Ogg vorbis, Musepack
--Many Zaurus packages are compatible or have been adapted
--Access SMB/CIFS network shares using Samba (software) and a GUI frontend
Act as a SMB/CIFS server allowing other computers on the network to access the internal hard disk
--The MediOS extension originally developed for the AV and Gmini series is available enabling the user to run NES, Sega Mega Drive emulators and Doom interpreter.

No comments: